Friday, September 03, 2021

Adulting

tree branch downed in a storm from our maple

I spent the last few weeks doing things that needed to be done or as I call it, adulting.  We had a big storm and lost a huge branch off of our tree.  Our gutters got cleaned, which is fantastic since a tree had started growing in them. 

I needed to call AAA to get a new car battery.  The car is running great now and it is so nice to have her back.  We had some mice that needed to be relocated.  Kitsune was a big help with that.

Then we had our stay-cay and we alternated cleaning up areas of the house with fun activities and yummy food.  I am happy to say that we actually achieved quite a bit of organizing and the feng shui of the house feels calmer.

finished shawl in cotton

I abandoned my other kitting to help a friend make a prayer shawl for her friend.  This pattern, Falling Leaves by Carol Rasmussen Noble is from Lavish Lace and I just love the ease of it.

Now that it is done I need to regroup and figure out where I was and where I want to be with my knitting.

I have quite a lot of things that are on the needles that I probably should focus on first.

Oh, I made a thing that was really yummy and I wished I had taken a picture but here is my Spanish Rice and Chicken recipe.

Ingredients

1 cup of rice

2 cups of chicken stock

1 cup tomato sauce

1 1/2 tsps chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp oregano

1 pound chicken (can be cut up or with bones) (chicken with bones takes about 35 minutes to cook)

Recipe

Rinse rice, start the water boiling for rice, follow directions on the packaging for water and cooking times, 

When boiling, add rice, cover, and cook

If chicken is boneless cut it up into 1-inch cubes

Drizzle a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until it is browned on all sides and cooked through

When rice is done, set aside off of the burner without opening the lid

Heat two cups of chicken broth and add to skillet

Add tomato sauce and all spices and mix well coating all the chicken

Let simmer for 20-30 minutes turning the chicken every 5 minutes or so

The liquid will render down and get a bit thicker

Add in the rice and coat with the sauce, serve immediately

Enjoy!

This smells amazing when it is cooking.  I just love using spices in my food.

Happy crafting!

Ruinwen
😀

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.

🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏

**************************

Vixenpath is a safe space.


If you are:


LGBTQ+

Black

Brown

Asian

Any race

Coming out

Anything.


I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.

2 comments:

Secret Hippie said...

The Falling Leaves pattern looks great! Nice knitting, nice picture!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Thanks, Secret Hippie! I really enjoyed that knit! The recipient was happy to receive her prayer shawl.