Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Can I Get An F in Chat?

Today's title is something you say when someone/something dies in-game and you are paying respects.  Can you please say it for my clapotis?

Everything was going so well, as you've seen in the pictures.  But you see I realized that as I knit into my new ball that it was sock weight, not DK.  It looked so thin and sparse so I ripped that back to the join which was at this point, 14 rows back, and doubled the yarn.  It just looked wrong.

I tried to just ignore it but when one section is obviously doubled yarn and the other is all smooth I just couldn't do it.  It had to go.

I even tried to rip back two repeats but the drops didn't look organic enough for me anymore and I still didn't have enough yarn.

So I ripped the whole thing out even though I was on the last repeat section, because what else can one do?


Meet my new clapotis which I cast on last Wednesday, made out of Brooks Farms, Duet, a sport-weight kid mohair, and wool blend.  I got this at MD S&W many, many years ago.  It is soft and I think it is perfect for this project.

I'm not upset.  These things happen.  I tried my best to make it work and now I have just let it go.  I am happy with my new yarn that is very soft and nice to work with and I know this project will fly off my fingers and I will be back to where I left off in no time.

What project could you not save and had to rip?  In the end, how did you feel about your decision?

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen
😀

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.

🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏

**************************

Vixenpath is a safe space.


If you are:


LGBTQ+

Black

Brown

Asian

Any race

Coming out

Anything.


I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.



No comments: