Monday, June 07, 2021

A Little Personal Progress

 


So where I am pointing is where you saw this blanket the last Circle Back week.  

I feel like I made some progress in-between other projects but not as much as I would have liked because I ended up ripping back a lot.

Sometimes you rip more than you care to even when you are an advanced knitter.  There are just days that your count is totally off because your head is elsewhere.  That was me this week.

Hubby had a horrible reaction to the second vaccine and basically got the flu and I was really worried...because that is my superpower, and I ended up ripping back the blanket past the green under my fingers, twice.

Miraculously when he was feeling better my knitting finally made it past the green point and now I am finally making progress again.

But wow, that was some rough knitting there.  Although when it was time to rip I just took it off the needles, no lifeline to be seen, and ripped it past the green like a pro.  I got all my stitches back on the needle and none were lost and it made me feel like at least I could handle all this chaos in my knitting.

So there is that.

And that really does make the difference between rage-quitting your current project and knowing what needs to be done and doing it...

Since then I have been playing it smart.  Just because I teach knitting doesn't mean that I can't make a mistake...and believe me I do.  It is how I handle the mistakes that show my true mettle as a knitter.

After that whole crazy part where I K1, YOed for quite a long time, and threw off the whole rhythm of the pattern, I have sworn to count my stitches again.

I had been doing it up until this week and I'm not sure why I stopped, but I think it was my mind wandering and I was worried and really, I was human and we do things like that.

So, don't feel that there is some level cap in knitting that you are trying to break where you don't need to do all the little things that keep your knitting on track like markers, lifelines, counting, and such.

If you need them, use them. 

Sorry, that's all I got in me this week. 

What strategies do you like to use to keep your knitting on track?

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen
😀

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.

🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏

**************************

Vixenpath is a safe space.


If you are:


LGBTQ+

Black

Brown

Asian

Any race

Coming out

Anything.


I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.




No comments: