Friday, October 14, 2022

It's A Brand New Day!

Have you ever woken up and felt...different?  You can't quite name it but something inside you has changed.  There is this feeling of bubbly goodness that makes you want to smile but you don't know why.  It is so freeing in a way that only might make sense to you.

But something has changed.

The world is somehow a bit brighter or the edges are a little sharper.

It is hard to describe.

You see, I burned myself out by forcing a post each week for so long.  I guess my inner workings are more like a flowing tide.  Sometimes I have things to say and show and sometimes I don't, and that is okay.

But for a while, I felt I had to post or the algorithm would swallow me whole never to be seen again.  So I pushed because I felt that is what you do.

But it has never been what I do.  I post because I have something to share with you.  Maybe it is a picture or a technique or something that I am working on.  It has always been an organic exchange and felt almost sacred to me.

I want to get back to that excitement I had when I posted before.

Normally, this is the part where I apologize and get hard on myself for such a long break, but when I woke up today I knew that something had changed and a shame spiral is not good for any of us.

If you need a break, take it.  Goodness knows that some people are going non-stop 24/7 and just taking a breath...a real breath...seems like a major accomplishment.

Remember you are worthy of taking a moment for yourself just because you are.

In the "moment" that I took to pull my head together after the pandemic had ramped up my anxiety and fears to a 10, I found peace.  For so many years I have been trying to banish my fears, and breathe away my anxiety and it never worked because that is not the way.

I have been working with my ancestors and reiki guides and what they taught me was to walk with fear and anxiety because they will always be a part of me.  They showed me that listening begins a positive inner dialogue that allows me to move forward while still being afraid and feeling that weight in the pit of my stomach.

Since that "ah ha" moment, I have been able to do things while being afraid that I had been previously paralyzed me; and I am really proud of myself.

The perfect Halloween accessory!

One of the things that I have wanted to do for years now is update my Beginner Brioche pattern.  I hired my sister and she has been an angel in helping me test and edit week after week.  We finally squashed all the bugs and created a really powerful tutorial from my old pattern.

There is now a one-color only, two-color only and, a one-color to two-color to one-color section.  That way if you want to make a different scarf later on you have all the tools to do it.

Also, a huge shout out to my wonderful friend and model who looks perfect for the season!

There is more stuff in the works as sis and I have been knitting and editing all summer long and I can't wait to share it with you.

Bright Blessings!  🤗

**************************

Happy crafting!

Ruinwen 🤗

************************** 
May you be safe.  
May your loved ones be safe.  
🙏
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏
**************************
Vixenpath is a safe space.
If you are:
LGBTQ+
Black
Brown
Asian
Any race
Coming out
Anything.

I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.
Ruinwen
🤗



No comments: