Friday, January 14, 2022

Creativity Dreaming on a Winter's Day

 

Winter Snow hanging out in actual snow

As you can see from the picture, it snowed in these parts and I was finally able to get this shot of my Winter Snow double knit scarf.  😀

This pattern tutorial set is almost done.  We are finishing up the accompanying video this week and then I can let this pattern fly off into the world.

My sister was mentioning that this is the point where an artist starts to see little things that need correcting and holds on a bit tighter to their creation.

It is a risk to share what is in you with the world but a disservice to your muse not to do so.

Nothing is ever perfect enough to publish yet, nothing will ever be perfect, that is life.

What defines work as "finished"?  

All these things swirl through my head as I am putting in the final edits and seeing things that maybe I should have said differently.

Yet, this pattern has been proofed, tech edited, sampled, and gone over with a fine-toothed comb and it was okay then, it is okay now.  It will be alright, I tell myself.

There are people who throw up every time before going on stage or giving a speech but you could never tell because they have learned it is part of their process.

What is my process?   If I am being honest, I just don't know anymore.

I am rewriting the way I see my creativity as I go.  I am reinventing myself to be a person who gives themselves the same encouragement and empowerment that they would give to another creator.

Whereas I might have said in the past that my work wasn't good enough, now that is just an echo of something I held onto from my childhood.

Why do some people hold on to the worst things that are said to them and others, well others have a guiding beacon of goodness that they hear all their lives?

Why couldn't I be the latter of the two and not the former?  The criticisms, the teasing hurtful words, those are the ones that I have carried with me all these years and it is time to let them go.

I choose to let them go and remember the good things that I let slip away because it was easier to believe the negative voice than the words of people who loved and cared about me.

I don't know who needs to hear this today, it might just be me, but remember creativity doesn't have to be perfect it just needs to be authentic.  

You put a uniqueness on whatever your art is because it comes from the well of imagination deep inside of you.  

I believe in you.  I believe in me.  I believe there is room for everyone to share their authentic voice with the world.

Creativity and inspiration are limitless.  

You might not find inspiration in your art one day but instead, you try a new recipe and put your personal flair on it.  That is creativity and inspiration at work.  They will find a way to allow you to express yourself in an outlet that is symbiotic to where you are on your path at that moment.

So, create...express...bring into the world beautiful things shaped by the awesomeness that is you. 🤗❤️

*******

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen 🤗

**************************
Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  
May you be safe.  
May your loved ones be safe.  
🙏
**************************
Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.
🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏
**************************
Vixenpath is a safe space.
If you are:
LGBTQ+
Black
Brown
Asian
Any race
Coming out
Anything.
I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.
Ruinwen
😀




2 comments:

FaithEllen said...

Much love and light to you in the new year, my old friend!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wonderful to hear from you Faith. Wishing you every happiness! 🤗❤️💫