Friday, July 30, 2021

Updating

I know it has been a bit since we last talked.  I had a video that I was working on and I didn't really have anything that I could show you.  But that is all done now and when it comes out I will post a link in a few months.

Just a bit of brioche

I am so excited to start this project! 

I am updating my brioche tutorial pattern on Ravelry. After teaching it a lot, my students have shared how I could improve it and I want to incorporate these changes as well as add video tutorials for visual learners. 

I was watching a Minecrafter on YouTube and she is colorblind and she couldn't differentiate between the colored blocks since the colors weren't in her spectrum.  

Chat had to tell her what colors she was picking up and it was then that I realized all these accent colors that I use to define notes or important stuff may not be able to be seen by others.

Accessibility is something that I have been trying to really incorporate into my patterns and something that I never really thought about before was colorblindness.  I use color all the time to accent or show notes and people may not be able to see those colors and that is not acceptable.

To illustrate this:  here is my knit sample without a filter

Deuteranopia - green-blind


Tritanopia - blue-blind


Protanopia - red-blind

I'm using a free app Color Blind Pal which you can get on your phone or computer that can help you to see if something you are publishing can be seen by everyone.  

So that is one aspect that I am looking into, the next is all the notes I have gotten from students over the years.

I have a "cheat" sheet that I use in classes to help students to know what comes next in two-color brioche and they said I should add that to the pattern.

I had a bunch of people ask for a different edging, which is as simple as changing a K3, to a K1 but I am adding that as an option.

The sections on the bind off and weaving in ends need to be rephotographed.

The main photos need to be updated which is why I am using the fabulous soft and squishy yarn is Audubon Sock in Crab & Corn Bisque and Maci Grey by the talented Mitchells Creations.

What yarns do you love working with?

Happy crafting!
Ruinwen
😀

**************************

Safe socially-distanced hugs  🤗

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone being affected by this virus.  

May you be safe.  

May your loved ones be safe.  

🙏

**************************

Sending love and light to everyone facing discrimination, hate, prejudice, inequality, or racism.

🙏🙏💖💖🙏🙏

**************************

Vixenpath is a safe space.


If you are:


LGBTQ+

Black

Brown

Asian

Any race

Coming out

Anything.


I am a safe person and I will always hold space for you in love and light.


No comments: