Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ewe Kidding

















So here I am knitting Ms. Ewe. You know people are a helpful lot. They keep pointing out that my knitting is terrible with all those little loops in it And the truth is that it is a terribly naughty little stitch but I don’t like people talking bad about Ms. Ewe.

Me: “Thank you for your helpful criticism but I’m knitting a sheep and the curls are her fleece.”

People: “No really. Maybe you should go to that new knitting shop in Mt. Airy…something about chickens.”

Me: “Its Knittin’ Chicks and I work there.”

People: *laugh* “Well you’re a terrible knitter with all those loops hanging all over the place.”

*Grrrr* How dare they talk about Ms. Ewe like that! Or me for that matter.

Then I get where I’m going and everyone bleats out sympathy:

“I’m so sorry for ewe.”
“What baaad people.”
“I’d like to pull the wool over their eyes!”

Poor Ms. Ewe. If she had ears I’d cover them to save her from the mean nasty people who swear she’s a sweater gone bad and the terrible punsters. But ears are last right before the tail so luckily she will go happily through life only hearing the oohs and aahs of, “Wow you made a sheep,” and you watch all those ‘people’ will want one too. But my next project after Ms. Ewe will be Pablo the Penguin named after one of my favorite childhood books The Penguin That Hated the Cold. I wonder what people will say about that?

Happy crafting,

Ruinwen
:)

4 comments:

Carol & Christine said...

*rolls eyes*

I think Ms. Ewe has it goin` on!

What do those jealousy filled beginners know, anyways?

Nana Sadie said...

How many of them know how to knit? Geez...people! Can't wait to see Ms. Ewe.
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hee! I remember Pablo! :D

...If those people thought about it a little more closely, they'd realize that someone is unlikely to make the same mistake so repeatedly and consistently. Ms. Ewe's fleece is wonderfully even, so far.

Anonymous said...

*grrr* that was me, btw; forgot to write in my name...