Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New Yarn!!! :)



My LYS has a wonderful woman who makes spins and dyes her own yarn and I love it! She had a special trunk show this week and this is what I took home.

The ball that is on the left is all wool in blue, green and purple hues. It goes from super thin to chunky and my son picked it out to make a baby sweater. The problem is that I've swatched it twice and it comes out different each time. I've also cast on twice only to find that the sweater is bigger than two of me! But I promised my child that this would turn into a sweater and by all that is sacred, it will...just not today. :)

Next, we have more yummy merino in a lovely sky blue color. It has already been dedicated to the capped top above.

And last but not least, the spring rose garden cotton/wool blend. It was so beautiful I couldn't pass it up but I have no idea what to make with it. It also changes sizes throughout so the three things I've cast on didn't look quite right to me. Any ideas?

It really isn't like me to buy yarn that isn't slated for some project. C'est le vie.

1 comment:

Carol & Christine said...

OOoooo Great Finds!

Can't wait to see what you end up doing with them. Perhaps the spring colored ball could be made into a clappy.. or a lighter weight summertime shawl. Perfect colors for the summer!